2013年8月22日星期四

情况英語書里語100主題 身体部位的活動部位 05

05 movements of parts of the body
Beginner
A: when you are in a restaurant you want the waiter to bring the bill, what do you do to attract his attention?
B: I just make eye contact with him and nod my head. Then I tell him when he comes over to the table. Why doyou ask?
A: I went out with my girlfriend to a nice restaurant last night and I noticed that many people shouted for the

bill.
B: that seems a little impolite in such a restaurant.
A: that’s what I thought. I just thought I’d ask you and see what you thought of it. Anyway, what did you do yesterday evening?
B: well, it was a warm evening, so I stretched my legs,翻譯. I walked along the canal for a couple of miles. Actually,several other people had the same idea. I saw bill.
A: did you? How is he these days?
B: he seemed ok. We didn’t stop and chat because we were on opposite banks of the canal. We just waved at each other.
A: I need to move some furniture. Could you help me to lift is?
B: of course. What do you want to move first?
A: let’s move the sofa. Can you get a grip on the bottom at that end? I’ll lift this end. I want to move it sideways in that directon.
Intermediate
A: can you suggest a few exercise to help me get fit and stretch my muscles a littlt?
B: sure. If you want to stretch your legs, a good exercise is to lift your knee in front of your body, like this. It’s a very simple exercise, but very effective.
A: I need to excise my arms too. How can I do that?
B: one good way is to do push-ups. Another way is to use weights. Make sure you grip the weights firmly,日翻中. You don&rsquo,哈佛翻譯社;t want to drop them on your feet!
A: when I do push-ups, should I bend my elbows so that my nose touches the ground?
B: you don’t need to bend your elbows that much. Bend them so that your arms are at a 90 degree angle. The most important think is to remember to keep your body straight. Many people bend their bodies at the waist, which reduces the effectiveness of the exercise.
A: what’s a good exercise for my chest muscles?
B: one that I recommend is that you lie on your back. You should have a weight in each hand and stretch your arms out side of your body.
A: so I need plenty of space for this exercise.
B: yes, you do. Lift the weight up, keeping your arms straight all the time.
A: great. Thanks for you advice!

Words:
Up down sideway pull push stretch shake nod grip lift turn dance crawl jump run grab bow lean wave punch rub blank wink chew
Phrases:
Lift something up push someone aside wink at someone wave your hand shake hands with sb. Stretch your legs lean against the table nod your head

没有评论:

发表评论